Advantages of the AGM battery
What are the advantages of the AGM battery? AGM batteries have a very low internal resistance, are capable to deliver high currents on demand and offer relative long service life, even when deep-cycled. AGM is maintenance free, provides good electrical reliability and is lighter than the flooded lead-acid type. It stands up well to low temperatures and has a low self-discharge. The leading advantages are a charge that is up to five times faster than the flooded version, and the ability to deep cycle. AGM offers a depth-of-discharge of 80 percent; the flooded, on the other hand, is specified at 50 percent DoD to attain the same cycle life.
AGM battery USP’s
- Spill-proof through acid encapsulation in matting technology
- High specific power, low internal resistance, responsive to load
- Up to 5 times faster charge than with flooded technology
- Better cycle life than with flooded systems
- Water retention (oxygen and hydrogen combine to produce water)
- Vibration resistance due to sandwich construction
- Stands up well to cold temperature
Which AGM battery do I need?
Intercel offers a lot of different AGM batteries directly from stock out of the warehouse. We deliver stanby, cyclic, long life, high rate, front access and single cell AGM batteries. For each specific application Intercel delivers the right AGM battery solution. E-mail us or make a call, our team is ready to answer your questions.